Premier Thermal Solutions, LLC (PTS) is a manufacturing company providing products and services primarily to the automotive, heavy truck, energy and agriculture industries. PTS’s customers include OEMs, distributors, forgers and foundries. PTS services its customers through multiple facilities located throughout the Midwestern United States operating 24 hours per day.
The company is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for a 24/7 operation. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager. Performs a wide range and variety of maintenance and repair operations necessary to keep plant property, equipment, machinery, and tools in good operating condition; diagnose problems and work in many varied and diversified capacities required in general maintenance, overhaul, and repair of plant equipment, processes and facilities. Plan and schedule equipment maintenance and repair activities to minimize disruption to plant production and material handling activities with some supervision and direction provided by the Maintenance Manager. Major mechanical repairs, installation, and/or electrical repairs may require outside vendors or assistance from a Skilled Journey Person.
- A general knowledge of electronics and electrical systems is preferred to perform basic repairs as needed or directed.
- Requires a broad knowledge of mechanics, controls, electricity, hydraulics, pneumatics, and related tools and equipment, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, and all varieties of precision measuring instruments and the use of broad training in heavy maintenance trade.
- Experience working with power transmission equipment (motors, speed reducers, v-belt and sheave drive systems, roller chain and sprocket drive systems), welding and fabrication using AC/DC arc welders, MIG welders, oxy-acetylene cutting torches, plasma cutters, milling machines, lathes, cutoff saws, surface grinders, mechanical presses, rigging equipment to include slings, chains, shackles, wire rope systems, working with overhead cranes, combustion systems, etc.
- Lesser qualified applicants must be willing to participate in and complete up to four years of an apprenticeship program which will include college courses and on-the-job training. Credit for previous experience and courses taken will be assessed and if applicable, credited towards the apprenticeship program.
- Successes will be measured by the Maintenance Mechanics ability to effectively troubleshoot problems with equipment and make repairs in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner. Items to be considered in the evaluation process are as listed below.
- Safety record
- Mechanical associated downtime
- Mechanical repair costs
- Cost reductions, and machinery upgrades and improvements
- Timely completion of projects
- Preventive/Predictive maintenance program effectiveness
- Performance to budget
- Cleanliness and organization of work area and shop
- Training effectiveness of subordinates and co-workers
- Number and type of plant mechanical safety inspection discrepancies
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels within and outside the organization is essential. Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses. High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientated.
Must be self-disciplined, organized, have excellent planning skills and a team player